KEY DETAILS OF THIS FRS 102 TRAINING
Title: Preparing For FRS 102 – The New UK GAAP
About this FRS 102 Training: Hosted by UK Training (Worldwide) Limited, this seminar will guide you through all of the key changes under FRS 102 and how these will impact on your organisation’s accounting processes.
Duration: Half-Day Seminar
Price: £149+VAT per delegate
- 15th January 2014 PM: 2:00pm – 5:00pm, London, Hamilton House
- 11th February 2014 PM: 2:00pm – 5:00pm, Birmingham, Austin Court
- 12th February 2014 AM: 9:30am – 12:30pm, Manchester, Staff House Conference Centre
- 5th March 2014 PM: 2:00pm – 5:00pm, Leeds, The Rose Bowl
Click the ‘Venues’ tab for more details about each location.
OVERVIEW OF THIS FRS 102 TRAINING
In March, the FRC published FRS 102 – ‘The New UK GAAP’. This significant new accounting standard will replace the current UK GAAP. FRS 102 is unique and along with FRS 100 and FRS 101 it will simplify the accounting requirements for almost all UK companies. The only ones which will not be affected are the group accounts of listed companies.
Although FRS 102 will not be implemented until 2015, many of the procedural changes will need attention much earlier. You should start planning for the changes as soon as possible – thorough preparation is absolutely vital for a smooth transition.
This half-day FRS 102 training seminar will ensure that you are fully equipped with the knowledge and understanding necessary to make preparation for FRS 102 as simple as possible for you and your organisation.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN DURING THIS FRS 102 TRAINING?
- What are your options under the new financial accounting standards?
- What are the key differences between FRS 102 - the ‘New UK GAAP’ and current UK GAAP?
- Does FRS 102 mean the end of FRSSE?
- Would you be better adopting full IFRS rather than the new financial accounting standards?
- Are reduced disclosures available to entities adopting FRS 102?
- What are the benefits of the companies within a listed group adopting the new financial accounting standards?
- What are the key transitional issues?
- What are the benefits of adopting FRS 102 early?
- What are the problem areas that you will need to discuss with your auditors?
- How will FRS 102 be applied to charities and pension schemes?
- Does FRS 102 affect dormant companies?
- Is it true that you might need to have comparators available as early as 1st January 2014?
- What should you do to prepare for the changes?
All delegates receive the following course materials…
- An exclusive book, ‘A Step-by-Step Guide to implementing FRS 102′, only available to delegates
- Copies of the standards to download
- A Seminar Pack containing the information presented on the day
FRS 102 TRAINING PRESENTERS
Bill has spent more than 30 years in technical and training roles within the accountancy profession. He is an entertaining and authoritative lecturer, able to make financial reporting practical, interesting and relevant to people from organisations of all sizes.
Kevin is a Chartered Accountant and he has his own accountancy practice. With his vast knowledge and experience he can readily help people resolve Finance, VAT and Company Administration issues.
OUR FRS 102 TRAINING VENUES
2 Bloomsbury Street
Staff House Conference Centre, University of Manchester
IET Birmingham: Austin Court
80 Cambridge Street
If you have any questions about the seminar, simply fill in the form below or give us a call on