KEY DETAILS OF THIS FRS 102 TRAINING
Title: Preparing For FRS 102 – The New UK GAAP
About this FRS 102 Training: Hosted by UK Training (Worldwide) Limited, this seminar will guide you through all of the key changes under FRS 102 and how these will impact on your organisation’s accounting processes.
Duration: Full-Day Seminar, 9:30am – 5:00pm
Price: £269+VAT per delegate
- 11th February 2014: Birmingham, Maple House
- 13th Febraury 2014: London, Hamilton House
- 5th March 2014: Leeds, The Rose Bowl
- 14th March 2014: Manchester, Staff House Conference Centre
- 19th March 2014: London, 2 Bloomsbury Street
- 14th May 2014: London, 2 Bloomsbury Street
- 15th May 2014: Manchester, Staff House Conference Centre
- 20th May 2014: Birmingham, Maple House
- 23rd May 2014: Bristol, Armada House Conference Centre
- 10th June 2014: London, 2 Bloomsbury Street
- 12th June 2014: Edinburgh, Edinburgh Training Centre
- 15th July 2014: London, 2 Bloomsbury Street
- 16th July 2014: Manchester, Staff House Conference Centre
- 17th July 2014: Milton Keynes, National Badminton Centre
Click the ‘Venues’ tab for more details about each location.
OVERVIEW OF THIS FRS 102 TRAINING
In March 2013, the FRC published FRS 102 – ‘The New UK GAAP’. This significant new accounting standard will replace the current UK GAAP. FRS 102 is unique and along with FRS 100 and FRS 101 it will simplify the accounting requirements for almost all UK companies. The only ones which will not be affected are the group accounts of listed companies.
Although FRS 102 will not be implemented until 2015, many of the procedural changes will need attention much earlier. You should start planning for the changes as soon as possible – thorough preparation is absolutely vital for a smooth transition.
This comprehensive one-day seminar equips you with the knowledge and understanding to be able to successfully implement FRS 102. The seminar will guide you through all the key changes under FRS 102 and explain how they will impact on your accounting processes. It also gives you a step-by-step guide to preparing your first full set of accounts using model accounts and case studies.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN DURING THIS FRS 102 TRAINING?
- What are your options under the new financial accounting standards?
- What are the key differences between FRS 102 - the ‘New UK GAAP’ and current UK GAAP?
- Does FRS 102 mean the end of FRSSE?
- Would you be better adopting full IFRS rather than the new financial accounting standards?
- Are reduced disclosures available to entities adopting FRS 102?
- What are the benefits of the companies within a listed group adopting the new financial accounting standards?
- What are the key transitional issues?
- What are the benefits of adopting FRS 102 early?
- What are the problem areas that you will need to discuss with your auditors?
- How will FRS 102 be applied to charities and pension schemes?
- Does FRS 102 affect dormant companies?
- What should you do to prepare for the changes?
- How do we establish the date of transition?
- What do we need to do to redefine the form and content of the financial statements?
- How do we determine which exemptions should be used?
- What do we need to do to restate the balance sheet at the date of transition?
- How do we go about recognising the assets and liabilities that are not currently required under existing UK GAAP but will need to be included under FRS 102?
- How do we determine whether there are any of the existing assets or liabilities that need to be excluded under FRS 102?
- Which assets and liabilities will need to be reclassified under FRS 102?
- What do we need to do to ensure that we remeasure all the necessary assets and liabilities in accordance with FRS 102
- Should we be restating the comparative figures for inclusion in the first FRS 102 accounts very soon?
- How do we ensure that the first set of accounts prepared in accordance with FRS 102 are complete and accurate?
- How do we clearly show the differences between how equity is stated in accordance with existing UK GAAP and how it should be stated in accordance with FRS 102?
- How do we clearly show the profit for the comparative period as reported under existing UK GAAP and how it should be reported in accordance with FRS 102?
- What do we need to do to get the disclosures right?
- How do I get the accounting staff up to speed to ensure a smooth transition?
- How do we explain the impact of the changes to directors and senior managers – what about the shareholders?
All delegates receive the following course materials…
- An exclusive book, ‘A Step-by-Step Guide to implementing FRS 102′, only available to delegates
- Copies of the standards to download
- A Seminar Pack containing the information presented on the day
FRS 102 TRAINING PRESENTERS
Bill has spent more than 30 years in technical and training roles within the accountancy profession. He is an entertaining and authoritative lecturer, able to make financial reporting practical, interesting and relevant to people from organisations of all sizes.
OUR FRS 102 TRAINING VENUES
2 Bloomsbury Street
Staff House Conference Centre, University of Manchester
150 Corporation Street
The National Badminton Centre
Edinburgh Training Centre
16 St. Mary’s Street
If you have any questions about the seminar, simply fill in the form below or give us a call on